This seven-week course covers a variety of topics including: stages of labor, real vs. false labor, post-postpartum, hospital tour, newborn care and breathing.
Please call the Hospital’s Education Department at: (760) 499-3831 to pre-register (a must), or you may stop by to do so. Only those who have pre-registered are guaranteed space in the class. Please be advised that these classes fill up quickly! A flat fee of $50.00 (cash) covers all 7 nights of your session. This is payable on your first night. Please remember to arrive at 6:15 pm for your first night of class. The latest schedule of classes can be found here. A map to the class can be found here.
The course outline is as follows:
- 3rd Trimester – Changes in Mom’s Body & Growth of Baby
- Premature Labor and Pre-Eclampsia
- Real vs False Labor
- Anatomy: Dilation, Effacement, Station
- Stages of Labor
- Coping Strategies
- Comfort Measures
- Continuation of Stages of Labor
- Hospital Procedures: What We Do and Don’t Do
- Pain – What To Do With It
- Visit from Anesthetist for Epidural Talk
- Birth Story – Vaginal
- C-Section – Why? How?
- Post-Partum: After Delivery: Now What Happens to Mom’s Body?
- Baby Blues vs Depression
- Paperwork – Birth Certificate, POP Papers
- Hospital Procedures for Newborn
- Normal Newborn Characteristics Slides
- Hospital Tour
- Newborn Care – Everything You Want to Know
- Visit from La Leche League
- Review Final Jeopardy
Note: All subjects above will be covered – But if any subjects taking longer than usual, the topics not covered that night will be covered on the following scheduled night of class. Breathing sessions after the second class are ‘optional’ and available after each class.